Welcome

Welcome

Hello

We make Podcasts We will support, mentor and edit your Podcast make it ready for Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Sticher and TuneIn.

We can create artwork add production music and imaging to make your podcast really shine and that all starts from just £30 per completed hour


Thursday 1 March 2012

Davy Jones

Davy Jones was my first celeb.  Green and only just in my twenties working for Essex Radio (As Heart Essex was known then) Davy Jones was over to do some kind of concert at The Cliffs Pavilion, probably to help pay the alimony for one of his ex wives.  I can remember being very excited, this was the first person I had ever met who was in any way famous.

I was a child in the late sixties and when Dr Who took its summer rest, the BBC replaced the show with The Monkees a kind of wacky sit-com with music - when you look back at the show now you realise that it was actually a pretty good programme with some great music.  I do believe there was a time when The Monkees a band put together by a TV company, gosh that would never happen now!! Outsold The Beatles.

Anyway I trotted up to meet Davy Jones and remember him crouched on the floor in front of the two TV monitors that showed the studios downstairs.  As we walked he said something like 'Great show man.' It took a moment to dawn on me, he meant the TV security monitors not the radio show.

I took him downstairs and again he suddenly stopped by one of the window openings to a studio, on the sill was a big pile of Essex Radio stickers.  He picked one up and said. 'Great Bumpers.' I thought what an earth is he saying?  'You mean the stickers?" I asked.  'Yeah he replied can I have some?'  I said of course he could, he picked up the whole pile and put them all in his pocket! Fantastic - r.i.p. Davy Jones.

No comments: