Welcome

Welcome

Hello

We make Podcasts We will support, mentor and edit your Podcast make it ready for Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Sticher and TuneIn.

We can create artwork add production music and imaging to make your podcast really shine and that all starts from just £30 per completed hour


Thursday 25 January 2018

Guilty after 18 years

Petula Clark


Guilty!

LBC Listening Figures Sabotaged  

A true confession marking 18 years of Creative Radio, and CreativeRadio.com

By the year 2000 we were working privately for a number of companies outside of LBC Radio, where we were both working at the time.

Privately I wrote the quiz for Mike Allen on Talk Radio that just happened to air at exactly the same time as The Pete Murray show on LBC, that I just happened to Produce!

When the quarterly listening figures came in, they showed that Pete’s show was being slaughtered by Mike Allen’s Quiz hour.  I was hauled into the office. The boss said -  ‘What are we going to do about that bloody quiz?’  

I answered, ‘Why don’t we do a quiz of our own?’

‘Yep, good idea, you can write one.’ He replied

‘Will you pay me to write it?’ I asked

‘NO! you can write it in your spare time.’

Something I was not prepared to do, so there was no quiz.  This was the boss, by the way, who, when I told him that Petula Clark was on the show and that she wanted a cab, he said ‘Can’t she get a bus, I mean they stop outside the studio?’ – and he wasn’t joking.


So I continued to do work for Talk radio, whilst working at LBC, and poor old Pete’s figures continued to drop during the Mike Allen Quiz hour.

No comments: