Welcome

Welcome

Hello

We make Podcasts We will support, mentor and edit your Podcast make it ready for Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Sticher and TuneIn.

We can create artwork add production music and imaging to make your podcast really shine and that all starts from just £30 per completed hour


Monday 15 February 2010

Hot News

The day that Pete Murray set fire to the studio during a live national news bulletin.

Ahh those heady days when everyone could smoke anywhere, where the stench of stale tobacco and vomit wafted out of every pub.  Dear old Pete loved a quick drag during the news.  The IRN news was read from the same studio then, the reader sitting just inches away from the show Presenter.  By about 2 mins past Pete had finished his fag and had tossed the butt into the bin.  I was Producing and driving that day and suddenly noticed the newsreader start to wave her arms frantically and look most perturbed.  Then I noticed the smoke billowing from the bin.

I jumped up ran into the studio and grabbed the bin.  Not the brightest thing to do because as a dragged the bin out of the studio the movement of air caused the whole thing to burst into flames.  For a moment you think what the f*ck do I do? Then it dawns on you what fire extinguishers are for.  I heaved a CO2 extinguisher off the wall and tried to set it off, no luck there was a plastic break thing I had to rip apart, then I let the thing go - with a terrific noise you could hear in the background of the news I put the fire out.

Afterward when I said to Pete you need to be more careful he said 'That's nothing I once burned down the dressing rooms at BBC Manchester!" Dear old Pete.

No comments: