Welcome

Welcome

Hello

We make Podcasts We will support, mentor and edit your Podcast make it ready for Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Sticher and TuneIn.

We can create artwork add production music and imaging to make your podcast really shine and that all starts from just £30 per completed hour


Tuesday 7 May 2013

Phrase that doesn't pay

Or why traditional #radio #advertising no longer works for me.  Sweeping statement - but I am getting increasingly irritated by poor 'shout shout, money off, shout shout - website address - shout shout phone number' radio commercials.  In an age where I get banner ads and content delivered to my phone, iPad and computer that are based on my browsing and buying history I am now getting used to more relevant advertising targeted towards me, and I am far more likely to click through or listen on Spotify to ads for products that reflect my interests.

Don't get me wrong I still love some of the traditional advertising - I watched the 3 minute long Dove commercial on YouTube and thought it was one of the best pieces of clever advertising this year - compelling - interesting and relevant to the product - but had great content that would interest a much wider audience (me).

So if you make quirky, funny or human scale non-shouty commercials carry on.  If you are an advertiser cramming 40 seconds of copy into a 30 sec ad that mentions your website 3 times and the latest bogoff deal - you are doing it wrong for me - and whereas before I might persevere - I now reach for the OFF switch.

No comments: